Friday 31 August 2012

Windows scammer call no. 3!

This time I was Mr Abbott's personal assistant*, Dr. Clive Filth-handy, and got the call centre guy ("David") to unwittingly play along for 10 minutes. He happily carried on babbling away until...

Me: "I'm so sorry my PC is taking a while to start up. It's a Dutch model you see. The Ffunt 3000. It's an eco-friendly one and powered by a wood-burning boiler that needs to get hot enough to provide sufficient steam"
D: "Ok sir, I need you to <various garbage>"
Me: "Oh, that's not working"
D: "What do you see on screen, sir?"
Me: "Well, every time I right click on the start menu as requested a small picture of David Beckham appears. Is this related to the England Football Team branded mouse that Mr Abbott purchased from Dixons?"
D: "Who, sir?"
Me: "David Beckham, the former England football captain. You know - he married Old Spice out of Boyzone"
D: "I am sorry sir, what is it you are clicking on?"
Me: "Oh, now it's just playing a little video where he scores a free kick. Goooooalll!!!"
D: "I will get support to call you back later sir <clik>"

Clearly not a Becks fan!

*Mr Abbott is the former owner of my phone no., and an idiot because he clearly didn't go ex-directory.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.